LimeWire is under a court order dated October 26, 2010 to stop distributing the LimeWire software. A copy of the injunction can be found here. LimeWire LLC, its directors and officers, are taking all steps to comply with the injunction. We have very recently become aware of unauthorized applications on the internet purporting to use the LimeWire name. We demand that all persons using the LimeWire software, name, or trademark in order to upload or download copyrighted works in any manner cease and desist from doing so. We further remind you that the unauthorized uploading and downloading of copyrighted works is illegal.
Effective Date: July 22, 2009
The User Information We Collect and How We Use It
Your User Information helps us personalize and continually improve your user experience. Depending on how you use the Lime Wire Websites, the Program or other Lime Wire products and services, we may collect the following User Information from you:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any Personally-Identifiable Information you give us in any way, for example, by telephone or email, or when you register for or purchase the Lime Wire Program or other products, or communicate with customer service or support. Such Personally-Identifiable Information may include, for example, your name, address, phone numbers, credit card information, stated reason for requesting Customer or Technical Support, or the contents of any electronic communications. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your user experience, improving the Program, and communicating with you, but it may also be used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user problems and contribute to the gathering of broad demographic information for anonymous aggregate use.
- Information We Collect: We receive and store certain types of User Information whenever you interact with the Lime Wire Websites , the Program or other Lime Wire products and services, for example, information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, the Gnutella peer-to-peer network, and other users of the Gnutella peer-to-peer network; computer and connection information such as browser or Program type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; information about your visits to, interactions with or use of the Lime Wire Websites, the Program or other products and services, for example the frequency and manner in which you use the Program or products as well as Program or product performance and operations, and your responses to the offerings and advertisements presented to you. We will only use this data (i) on an aggregated basis with that of other users for general business purposes, such as: site analysis and ad sales; operating and improving the Lime Wire Websites, the Program or other products and services (for example, fighting spam and improving the functionality of the Program); identifying or remediating possible threats to your safety, security, privacy, or to your computer’s security, and (ii) in combination with data we collect or that you give us relative to your use of the Lime Wire Websites, the Program or other products and services, in order to help us personalize your own experience with the Lime Wire Websites, the Program or other products and services, and for other service-related purposes. Users should be aware that whenever they use the Internet both static and dynamic IP addresses can be mapped back to users on most ISPs based on the user’s login time and recorded information.
- Search Queries: As with all programs that connect you to public peer-to-peer based networks ("P2P Network(s)"), it is possible for your search queries (i.e., the word or phrase that you search for) to be viewed or "listened" to by other users accessing the P2P Network. This is true of all programs that enable access to P2P Networks. When you input a search query into the Program, Lime Wire may in certain instances listen to or collect this search query.
- GUID: A Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) is an alphanumeric identifier used to indicate a unique installation of a product, and is found in many popular software applications such as web browsers and media players. Lime Wire uses GUIDs for aggregate statistical analysis and to personalize its products and services.
- Instant Messaging: Lime Wire does not read your private online communications when you use communications tools in the Program. Please remember, however, that if you use these tools to disclose information about yourself publicly (for example, in public chat forums or online message boards on or connected to our web sites), other online users may obtain access to any information you provide. Use of third-party Instant Messaging services, platforms or applications (such as Gmail™) is subject to the terms and policies of the third-party service provider. Lime Wire is not responsible for the privacy practices of such third-parties.
Does Lime Wire Share the Information It Collects?
- Business Transfers: In the event that ownership of Lime Wire was to change for any reason, your User Information may be transferred.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when your Personally-Identifiable Information might go to third parties, and we will provide notice about the choices you have to decline to permit such a transfer.
How Secure is Information About You?
To help protect Personally-Identifiable Information in Lime Wire’s possession, we use a variety of appropriate safeguards, including:
- Technical, administrative, and physical controls.
- Authorization systems.
- Agreements with contractors and vendors requiring them to protect the confidentiality, safety, and security of your user information.
The LimeWire Store
The LimeWire Websites and the Program may include third-party advertising or contain and generate links to other sites and IP addresses. We do not provide any Personally-Identifiable Information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
How to Contact Us
Notification of Changes